UMinho Summer School of Linguistics 2011
University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
The University of Minho will host a one week Summer School on Neuro and Psycholinguistic Approaches to Language Processing
. The Summer School aims at graduate students and beginning postdocs working on any aspect of the study of the cognitive and neural processes involved in language comprehension, perception and production, bilingualism and language disorders. Its goal is to bring together top specialists in the field of neurolinguistics while providing an opportunity for junior researchers to present and discuss their work. To this end, there will be two Poster Sessions in addition to the lectures (see Call).
The Summer School is organized by the Humanistic Studies Center (Centro de Estudos Humanísticos, CEHUM), University of Minho, and the Portuguese Association of Linguistics (Associação Portuguesa de Linguística, APL).
The official language of the course is English.
- Michael T. Ullman (Georgetown University, USA)
- Michel Paradis (McGill University, Canada)
- Manuel Carreiras (BCBL- Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language, Spain)
- Sergey Avrutin (Utrecht University, Netherlands)
- João Veríssimo (University of Lisbon, Portugal)
3.0 ECTS credits + Certificate of Attendance
Deadlines for registration and fees:
- By May 1: 70€ (35€ students of the University of Minho and members of the Portuguese Association of Linguistics)
- By July 1: 100€ (50€ students of the University of Minho and members of the Portuguese Association of Linguistics)